I remember first hearing about vegan chocolate pudding with avocados and remember immediately going “blech” to myself yet I tried it anyway. I don’t know if the recipe I had tried was horrible or if I was at fault because I kind of half-assed my first attempt at making it. Whatever the culprit (probably me) it was on the not so good and quite terrible side.
I always buy avocados with the good intentions of eating them and then I kind of forget about them and then they’re bad.
<–-This meme is the perfect description of what one goes through when they buy an avocado.
Not wanting to fall into this pitfall again, I decided to try avocado chocolate pudding again. I like avocados. I like chocolate. I like pudding. Surely these combined will be good.
This time I didn’t half ass the recipe and I must say, it was delightful and I could have eaten the ENTIRE container!
– 2 avocados, halved & pitted
– 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
– 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa
– 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
– 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon (you can leave this out, I didn’t taste it in mine)
– to sweeten, I used honey and raw can sugar, use to sweeten to your taste. You can use agave, maple syrup to make it vegan. I just happen to have honey handy.
Dump all of the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth, scraping sides down as necessary.
When smooth, transfer pudding into a large single serve container or into several smaller ones (this will make about 4 servings) and chill.
I topped mine off with a few sprinkles of unsweetened coconut flakes and pretty much tried not to eat the entire container.